Love ‘em or loath ‘em, Christmas carols are the one thing you can depend on to signal that Christmas Day is imminent. You can’t go anywhere without encountering them, so it pretty much sucks if you’re in the loath ‘em category of Christmas Grinches! They play on the radio. They play when you’re doing the groceries. They play in the shopping centres… and for the love ‘em camp—they play in our cars and at home too. For the Christmas lovers, I thought I’d share a list of my favourite carols.
- Aussie Christmas With Bucko & Champs, Vols 1 & 2. I love this album. It’s the funniest, craziest Christmas album you will ever listen to from Greg Champion & Colin Buchanan. You might recognise Colin from Play School if you had kids in the 90’s. With tracks titled; We wish you a ripper Christmas, Yobbo Santa, Aussie Jingle Bells and Australians let us BBQ… you won’t get more Australian Christmas than this. (I still almost wet myself when I listen to the outtakes of Six White Boomers and Here comes Christmas Bob… about a dodgy fella who sells cheap pressies in the pub.) This album is such a huge part of my Christmas.
- Elvis’s Christmas Album. You can’t beat Elvis. No, seriously. Elvis is not only the King of Rock, but he’s also the King of Christmas. (Okay that’s not an actual title—but it should be) My nanna had an Elvis Christmas album when I was a kid and I have the same one. It brings back lovely memories of growing up.
- It’s a High Five Christmas. Stay with me here. I swear, you HAVE to go and listen to this, but make sure it’s the original group. I bought this back when my kids were toddlers and I still swear it’s the best Christmas CD you’ll find. It’s fun and happy and I dare even the grinchiest Grinch to not start boppin along to this fantastic album.
- Merry Christmas Strait to You by George Strait … Okay, I can excuse you for rolling your eyes a bit here. Country music. Old guy… but there’s something about his voice that fills you with gooey, Christmas goodness and I love him.
- Merry Christmas Mariah Carey. If her upbeat, husky version of All I want For Christmas doesn’t make you think of every romantic Chick flick Christmas movie ever made, then you need to get out there and watch more chick flick Christmas movies!
So I say embrace the Christmas spirit, or stop by the bottle shop and buy some Christmas spirits, but either way, enjoy Christmas with some of this great music, go on!
Thank you so much to all my readers for your support and friendship, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a fantasic new year and I look forward to showing you my two new books we have planned for release in 2017!